Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Just because Something Isn't Happening for You Right Now, Doesn't Mean that it Will Never Happen!

*|MC:SUBJECT|*
Is this email not displaying correctly?

View it in your browser.

Hi *|FNAME|*, 

As some of you already know, my better
half, Mary Kennedy, is a RE/MAX Realtor here in Las Vegas. Part of my mission in life is to handle her Internet Marketing, which includes Email Marketing Social Networking/Sharing as well as publishing "The Las Vegas Valley Real Estate Update" There are also some great platforms and tools built for the Real Estate Industry that we integrate into our Email Marketing & Social Network Platforms like Facebook and Twitter

I also run the Internet/Email Marketing for my own Printing/Ad Specialty business at Kennedy Advertising also known asKennedyPromos.com on the Internet. Two very different businesses!

Now I'm not writing to tell you that I'm the Grand Guru of Social Networking. That's the furthest from the truth. In fact, I kind of wince when I read a profile where the person claims to be a Social Media Guru. This medium is so new and fast moving that it's hard for me to believe that any one person is capable of maintaining expert status on a consistent basis. I will also offer that I have been wrong before and maybe I'm wrong now. We have had moderate success with both businesses and I'm happy just learning the way I am. Until I learn enough be dangerous, I'm happy!

I have spent most of my time learning by trial and error. After reading and listening to all the articles and books, I have come to the conclusion that if you are to be moderately successful at first, you need to:
  1. Spend a little time at it each day to Identify & Share Information, with Commentary, that readers will value.
  2. Track link performance. Videos are the hot link to share now!
  3. Keep Tweaking as you go. Read books and Sign Up for Social Networking E-Newsletters for new Ideas
  4. Stay focused and on task and mostly
  5. Don't give up!.... No matter what!.... Don't give up!
Now! Moderately successful may mean something different to others than to me. Just to Clarify! My friends, clients and business partners wouldn't mention the word patience in the same sentence with my name. I always like good things to happen faster than they do. 

This process has tried my patience and as I have become frustrated along the way, it seems when I read a book or article or listen to a webcast, it charges me up again with a few Ideas to try and tweak by trial and error. I have found that as I continue, a small snowball from a few years ago is now rolling into something bigger. What size? I have not put any limits on yet!

In the end, the bottom line is what counts. Is there a payoff to all of the invested time and  little money when you look at the big picture? I can honestly tie this effort to about 14 home sales over the past 2 years with a few more  coming, so far, during the balance of 2014 for Mary. So there may be some momentum building. Am I sure? Nope!

I have over 1250 LinkedIn connections..... Is that good??? Jury is still out, but I tend to think that the 80/20 rule applies. Has it led to new business and new long term clients? ..... Yes with moderate success in my Advertising Business.  Is there momentum?..... Yes, but a different kind of momentum on LinkedIn. This platform helps me spread my message and share valuable links, with commentary that readers value. It allows me to share opinions and values that help build my online character. As I continue to post and share, the connections decide whether to interact and share opinions with me or even ultimately decide whether I may be a good person to do business with. 

Remember the 80/20 rule I mentioned in the previous paragraph? Of my roughly 1250 LinkedIn connections, 20% are truly engaged on a consistent basis the other 80% are present on the platform with a profiles as they should be. They may have time constraints that don't allow them to engage or they may not have grasped the full concept Social Networking...... Yet!

At this point, all I can say is don't feel bad if you think you're not doing enough.. I'm still working on learning what enough is!

If you have any questions or need any help in any way, feel FREE to contact me at anytime.

Best Regards,

John Kennedy
Kennedy Advertising
Las Vegas, NV.
http://KennedyPromos.com

Skype: kennedyjohnlv

Click to Print Out Kennedy Coupon Page

"Checkout!" Our Zoom Product Catalogs
 
Kennedy Advertising & Promotions
10257 Strada Laterina Ct.
Las Vegas, NV. 89135
"Promotional Ideas that Mean
New Business for Over 40 Years"







This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*
Post a Comment